Sunday, September 6, 2009

WOW!!!!

Been very busy lately, work, sick girls and scrapping.

I realised that in my last post I forgot to upload my first ever challenge that I did for Ready Set Scrap in July. It was for a sketch challenge where they provide a sketch and you do a layout. Here's mine:

I ended up doing 3 layouts for the August challenges on RSS. There was the pink, blue and black colour challenge that I uploaded last post, I also did the word challenge where I had to use the word "Us" in the layout as well as the use of a black and white photograph(s), more than one button, circles, stitching and somethings popping off the page (like using foam etc). I did a layout of my sister and her boyfriend at her 21st birthday party:


I also went out on a limb and did a challenge that I thought was a rather difficult one for me. It was the number challenge, you had to use 1 piece of lace, 2 flowers cut from patterened paper, 3 bows, 4 hearts, 5 rhinestones and 6 or more small flowers. Here was my winning layout:

I was quite proud of how much I ended up getting done. I have done more scrapbooking in the last 2 months that I have in about a year I think.

Now for the WOW!!! of my post. I got a phone call on Thursday telling me that I won the monthly challenge at my LSS for the second month running with the layout I showed in my last post of my wedding photo. Then on Friday I found out that I won my first ever monthly challenge on Ready Set Scrap for the number challenge above. I was so stoked. I got a $15 voucher from my LSS and a $10 voucher via Ready Set Scrap. Not bad.

On the family front, the girls are getting over being sick yet again. Caitlyn got tonsilitis and then a week later Bethany got tonsilitis and conjunctivitis. Bethany had her sports day last Thursday and did very well, she came 3rd in her individual 50 metre race and then participated in 5 games and the 50m shuttle relay. She was so tired when she got home. Caitlyn got to run in the toddler race. She did 50m too but was walking by the time she reached the finish line, too cute.

I have finally set my blog up the way I like it. It looks more net and organised with an overall "scrappy" feel.

Well, must log off now, its getting late and I still have ironing and things to do. Will be back with more regular updates now that the blog is set up properly.

Bye

0 comments: